Today, Ustream launched a new sleeker, more intuitive player with controls and graphics rendered in HTML5. The new player’s responsive layout automatically adjusts the player size to optimize viewing experience and access to player controls based on the viewer’s device.
In addition to the change from Flash to HTML5 here’s a look at what is new in the player interface:
- The bottom control bar has been simplified by arranging all the controls into a single bar.
- The video title has been moved from the bottom bar to the top left of the screen.
- The viewer count (number watching now and total views) has been moved from below the embedded player to under the title.
- “LIVE” badges have been moved to the top right and are now only displayed for live broadcasts or live playlists. Recorded videos no longer have badges.
- The Ustream logo, located in upper right corner of the player, is now clickable and leads to the Ustream channel page for that video.
- Player controls are hidden from view while no interaction is taking place to avoid distracting from the video.
- Social sharing options have moved out of the player window and onto the channel page.
The new player will be used on Ustream channel pages and newly generated embed codes will automatically use the latest version of the player. Visit the Ustream Support Center for more details on the new player.