How can video impact sales before a potential customer even talks to a sales rep?
That was the question we answered in our most recent live webinar, featuring guest presenter Maribeth Ross, Chief Content Officer, Marketing Effectiveness and Strategy of The Aberdeen Group.
In “The Impact of Video on the Hidden Sales Cycle,” Maribeth explored the new role being played by content marketing in attracting new customers and the unique advantages that video offers in building those relationships.
Click here to watch the full webinar.
Here are some of our key takeaways from Maribeth’s presentation:
- Today’s buyers hold more power than ever before. They’re hyper-informed, they’re self-educated, and by the time they speak with a sales rep, many of them have already made up their minds.
- The “Hidden Sales Cycle” represents the very top of the sales funnel, when buyers are still in “research mode.”
- Content marketing enables businesses to reach and build relationships with buyers in the Hidden Sales Cycle, by answering their questions and providing the information they’re after.
- 95 percent of Best-in-Class marketers are using video as part of their content marketing mix.
- Companies using video see a 4.8 percent average website conversion rate, compared to 2.9 percent for non–video users.
- Companies using video demonstrate a 19 percent lower average cost-per-customer acquisition — $93 versus $115 for companies not using video.
- There is a 65 percent difference in the number of deals closed between companies who use video and those who do not.
For more information about how video impacts the Hidden Sales Cycle, download the Aberdeen research paper.